Thursday 17 April 2014

Quilt for my Sister's grand Child Authur

I have 2 Sisters who live in the UK, I have only seen them twice in over 30 years. I have missed my Niece's & Nephew's growing up and now they are having children. Time just passing by so quickly.
 
My older sister Pamela now as 2 Grandchildren Lennon 3 years & Arthur 4 months. I have decided to make a quilt for the grand children something they can have as a keepsake & to remember they have family over here in Australia.
 
This is the quilt I have made for Arthur. I made the pattern up as I went along, I don't think it turned out too bad.
 
On the top row I did 2 patch blocks & in the centre I embroidered this Bear.
 
The next row I did one patch block with 2 embroidered ducks either side. The ducks I reversed to face inwards
 
 
Next row was two patch blocks with Arthurs name & date in the centre
 
 
The last row I did one patch block with 2 embroidered bears either side.
 
 
As you can see on the finished quilt, I quilted each block slightly different & finished the quilt with a blue & white boarder.
 
 
 

 

 
 

3 comments: