Tuesday 15 April 2014

Been Busy

Hi everyone,
 I know it's been a while but I promise I have been busy creating, I just need to get into the habit of posting my creations for you all to see.

Made a Dress. I just wanted a couple of simple dresses I could wear through summer & winter. I find it difficult when shopping for clothes to getting them to fit properly. I'm not large by any means but very different at the top of my body as to the bottom. This dress is a simple pattern from Kwik & Easy : K387. I have altered it slightly for my comfort. the pattern as a bit more flair & I prefer more fitted. I also added a belt to the back & lined the dress instead of interfacing

 
This is just waiting for me to hem the dress, like many projects of mine I can take a while to finish the last step.
 
 
The back of the dress, looks better once pressed, I still have too hem it and hand sew the arm hole edge. This is where I turned it right side out once attaching to the petticoat liner.
 
 
I made 3 of these, they are very comfortable in the heat and will be good with skivvy & leggings for winter. 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so comfy for our spring weather here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are very comfy, I should take a pic of the other 2 I made. I wear them to death, will have to find another pattern that's just as easy & comfy. Thanks for your comment

      Delete
  2. Very nice dress. I'm the same way. It takes me forever to hem something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Christina, I will have to post a picture of the other 2 I made as they look different and I think nicer material.

      Delete